Tea is considered one of the healthiest drinks in the world if consumed in the right quantity. However, all teas are different in terms of their taste and benefits. As most of us are getting obsessed with the intake of green tea due to its high anti-oxidant properties, oolong tea comes as a great alternative that is also good and healthy.
Oolong tea known to be the widest and most versatile category of tea is also called ‘Wu long tea’ which is made from the leaves, stems, or buds of the Camellia sinensis plant. The oolong tea falls between the black and green tea category slightly fermented and semi-oxidized. There are a wide variety of oolong teas available on market, but the most famous oolong comes from the Fujian province of China. Originated in China, Oolong tea is a fragrant hot beverage that can be brewed as a hot treat or as an iced tea and is a wonderful option for habitual tea drinkers.
Packed with antioxidants, the oolong leaf combines caffeine & catechin which fight free radicals. With flavors ranging from floral, sweet to smoky and roasted, Oolong tea offers a great experience to tea lovers.
Health Benefits of Oolong Tea:
1) Nutrient composition: A cup of brewed oolong tea will have the following nutrient composition:
· Fluoride: 5–24%
· Manganese: 26%
· Potassium: 1%
· Sodium: 1%
· Magnesium: 1%
· Niacin: 1%
· Caffeine: 36mg
Along with these, it also contains some of the main antioxidants, known as tea polyphenols, theaflavins, thearubigins, and EGCG.
2) Weight Loss: The polyphenolic compounds found in oolong tea are found to be effective in controlling the rate of fat metabolism in the body thus helping in obesity control.
3) Brain function: Improves brain function, sharpens thinking skills, helps in mental alertness and anxiety by directly targeting the nervous system.
4) Lowers heart risk: Oolong tea is known to reduce increased blood pressure, bad cholesterol from the blood and is associated with reducing heart disease risk significantly.
5) Balance blood sugar: The polyphenol antioxidants in oolong tea control blood sugar levels. It also reduces the risk of getting diabetes type 2. Some studies have found a link between oolong tea and lower fasting blood sugar levels. However, it will not improve glucose metabolism in non-diabetic adults.
6) Boost immunity: Oolong tea contains antioxidants flavonoids that prevent cellular damage thus, improving immunity.
7) Strengthens bones: Drinking oolong tea can help you with higher bone density and prevents osteoporosis
8) Good for Teeth: Naturally occurring fluorides present in oolong tea help to protect teeth damage & prevent cavities.
9) Improves skin health: The anti-allergenic antioxidants in oolong tea can help relieve eczema
At the end of the day, Oolong tea is definitely an incredibly healthy and tasty beverage addition to your lifestyle. So, give it a try, am sure you won’t be disappointed.
Ezy healthy hub offers one of the widest selections of premium teas across Australia & we also carry an extensive selection of both classic and flavored oolong tea. Our success reveals that clients are able to distinguish the superior quality of our teas which has led to an overwhelming demand for our products.