It’s not surprising how much the popularity of green tea has spread around the globe and how much it has become part of people’s daily lives. Originated from China, green tea, also known as the unoxidized tea, is made solely from the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant. Organic green tea which has a clean, fresh flavour is widely celebrated for its health benefits. This pale green liquid that appears deceptively weak, gives you a real punch while drinking, kicking your fat-fighting metabolism into high gear.
You’ve probably heard a lot about its benefits as it is touted to be one of the healthiest beverages on the planet loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. But did you know that organic green tea is considered a “superfood”? In this article, we will unlock some of the amazing health benefits of green tea:
1) Improve Brain Function: Compounds like caffeine and amino acid L-theanine in green tea impact powerful effects in improving brain function including mood, reaction time, vigilance, and memory.
2) Contain healthy bioactive compounds: Green tea contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which acts as a natural antioxidant to reduce the formation of free radicals, protecting cells and molecules from damage.
3) Weight loss: Because of its effect on metabolism, green tea is a favorite among nutritionists, fitness freaks, and health enthusiasts. Compounds in green tea mainly caffeine and EGCG helps in fat breakdown and later release into your bloodstream for use as energy by cells.
4) Lower the risk of some cancers: According to researchers, green tea is found to reduce the risk of breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, esophageal cancer, etc.
5) Works great as a mouthwash: Due to its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, green tea can be used for oral hygiene maintenance with a goal on the prevalence of periodontal diseases.
6) Reduce the risk of coronary disease: Long-term consumption of green tea could be beneficial against high-fat diet-induced obesity, type II diabetes and can also reduce the risk of coronary diseases.
7) Effect on Liver: Green tea intake is associated with decreased risk of HCC, hepatitis, liver cirrhosis fatty liver disease, and chronic disease.
8) Effect on Skin: Organic green tea can be used for the prevention of solar UVB light-induced skin disorders including photoaging, melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
9) Antiviral Properties: Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents that make them effective for treating a variety of viral infections.
10) Delay Effects of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s: Green tea intake might reduce the risk for Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s, dementia, mild cognitive impairment, etc.
Having a cup of green tea is definitely a great way to do something healthful for your body. Whether it’s to lower cholesterol, reduce depression, or weight loss, organic green tea can help, so start brewing a cup from today.
Want to try the best organic green tea in Australia? Choose Ezy Healthy Hub to get the best collection of green tea. We ensure to deliver only the best tea products to our customers, which has no artificial flavour and is 100% organic.